Why invest in a good quality pair of Women's Thermal Walking Socks?
The simple answer is a good quality pair of Womens Thermal Walking Socks can make that difference between a great day out doing what we all enjoy or a miserable day with cold feet wishing you had never left the house...!
We love designing and testing our socks and actually put every pair through their paces before we let them loose in the world. Ensuring each of our socks achieve their individual design and specification goals.
There are at least a couple of things we would recommend when looking for a great pair of Thermal or just warm walking socks.
You need a good quality yarn, something with great thermal properties such as Merino Wool or maybe Bamboo will do a great job of keeping you warm.
Wicking, you need to make sure the socks can manage moisture. It’s actually the moisture that causes most of the problems with heat management, is its the moisture that lowers the temperature of your feet as it builds up. It’s no different to spraying a fire with water it dampens the heat and this is exactly what happens to your feet if they get too damp inside your walking shoes or boots.
Construction, I’ll cover this separately.
In essence, Thermal socks have one main job, keep your feet warm…
To do this the construction needs to be right, if the socks are too thin the thermal properties will be poor, too thick and they can actually impede blood flow in your feet and you end up with the same result ‘Cold Feet’
So, what you are looking for is that happy balance between sock weight, sock function and material.
We would also recommend you look for a sock with cushioning or terry padding as these socks trap air helping to improve thermal retention as well as offering added impact and abrasion protection.
Elastic ankle or arch supports are also great at stopping the sock from moving or bunching under your feet or toes.
And finally, toe seam, make sure these are low profile as this helps to reduce any rubbing or abrasion across the top of the toes.
We hope this information helps, but if we can assist you further please do feel free to contact us.
All the best from the Norfolk Team…
- Norfolk Merino wool hiking socks 2pp - Leonardo 2ppAs low as £20.95
- Cushioned Diabetic and Oedema Friendly Walking Socks - AlfieAs low as £13.95
- Ultimate Fully Cushioned Thermal Merino Wool Hiking Socks - VoyagerAs low as £14.95
- 3pp Classic Heavy Ragg Socks - RaggAs low as £13.50
- Merino Wool Hiking Socks with Cushioning - LeonardoAs low as £11.45
- Merino Wool and Bamboo Fully Cushioned Thermal Outdoor Socks - GabbyAs low as £12.45
- Ultimate Fully Cushioned Thermal Expedition Socks - NasuhAs low as £15.95
- Lighter Weight Merino Wool Ski Socks - BeatAs low as £11.25
- Thermal Ski Socks with Merino Wool and Cushioning Zones - BuchnerAs low as £11.95
- Norfolk Light Weight Merino Wool Skiing Socks - CourchevelAs low as £11.45
- Long Merino Wool Hiking Socks with Cushioning - OrlandoAs low as £15.95